This classic cockpit adventure offers a detailed, behind the scenes look into the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar … one of the most revered commercial airliners of all time. The aircraft for the flight is MSN 1012, the world’s oldest operating L-1011 and the first Tristar to be converted to pure freighter. The crew overcomes many obstacles to ready this 36 year old aircraft for delivery to a new operator after a storage period of more than 2 years.
AirUtopia is proud to have this opportunity to bring you a rare glimpse into the operations of the L-1011 like you’ve never seen before. From the sights and sounds of the ramp during the extensive pre-flight inspection to the spacious cockpit for the aircraft’s first flight since July 2006, this is an aviation adventure you can’t miss, and all does not go according to plan.
- A complete L-1011 adventure!
- Full Tristar cockpit experience
- Detailed technical info of L-1011 engines, airframe and systems
- Includes detailed flight crew commentary
- Sudden engine emergency and return to Bangkok